Ombre Brows is an artist & client favorite. It is by far the fastest growing trend in Brow Tattooing. Ombre Brows offers clients a way to attain gradient soft, natural-looking brows with subtle definition. Ombre Brows involves implanting pigment into the skin’s upper dermal layer with tools similar to what traditional body tattoo artist utilize, a tattoo pen and cartridge needles. The technique results in tiny dot like pixels, which mimic a soft shadow in gradual color transition from the beginning of the brow throughout the body, arch, and tail. It is ideal for clients:
- With ANY skin type; dry, oily, combination
- With or without brow shape/form
- Who have sparse, overplucked, or undefined brows
- With oily, mature, acne prone & sensitive skin
- Who have a prior Brow Tattoo or Microblading
Benefits of Ombre Brows
Ombre Brows offer a timeless approach to brow enhancing. It’s soft natural appearance, enhanced depth, and customizable saturation level make it the top choice for clients looking for a polished classic brow. Ombre Brows is a variation of Microshading, it’s the procedure that gives clients a soft makeup ombre effect at the start of the brow and darkens as it reaches the arch & tail. With the ability to complement all skin types & tones, Ombre Brows provides a winning combination of style and practicality, and beautiful results that stand the test of time. The benefits of Ombre Brows are endless:
- Soft & Natural Definition: Ombre Brows create a soft ombre shaded effect that mimics the appearance of filled-in brows. The result is definition that enhances and creates the brows you may be missing. This technique creates a subtle yet stunning depth that complements facial features and enhances your overall appearance.
- Customizable Look: Ombre Brows allows for color customization and saturation. Your artist will guide and select the pigment that closely matches and your natural brow hair and compliments your skins undertone. Head hair (especially if it’s dyed) does not play much of defining factor. You and your artist can choose the level of shading that suits your needs and preferences. The gradual color transition mimics the way natural brows appear, giving the illusion of fuller and well-shaped eyebrows.
- Suitable for All Skin Types: Ombre Brows is versatile, less invasive, and does well with all skin types, tones, and textures.
- Low Maintenance: Time is of the essence, and Ombre Brows gives you more. The gradual color transition mimics the way natural brows appear, giving the illusion of fuller and well-shaped eyebrows – No more rushed mornings trying to achieve symmetrical brows. You must continue your regular brow grooming (waxing, tweezing, threading, trimming) to ensure the definition is not overshadowed by brow hair growth.
- Confidence Boost: Ombre Brows enhances what you currently have or gives you what you’re missing. Whether you’re going to the gym or attending a special event, your brows will be on point.
- Long-Term Benefits: Count on longer lasting results, Ombre Brows last longer than Microblading. They can maintain their beautiful appearance anywhere from 1-3 years with proper care and required touch-ups.
- Minimal Upkeep: Unlike daily brow makeup that requires constant reapplication, Microshading remains flawless and defined. You must continue your regular brow grooming (waxing, tweezing, threading, trimming) to ensure the definition is not overshadowed by brow hair growth.
Disadvantages of Ombre Brows
While Ombre Brows offer a range of benefits and natural-looking results, it’s important to approach any brow enhancement with a well-rounded perspective. The following are potential disadvantages of Ombre Brows:
- Potential Longevity: In the majority of cases, Ombre Brows does fade/soften overtime, with the level of fading varying amongst each client. The type of special ink used, calls for a “fade factor” which allows fading to happen. On the flip-side, remember; Ombre Brows is still considered a tattoo and there is a slight possibility of very little to no fading – although not common.
- Color Fading: Since Ombre Brows involves a gradual color transition, the pigments used may fade at a different rate in comparison to the rest of the brow where color would be darker. This may lead to uneven color distribution and a less cohesive look as the brows age – makeup application with your pencil of choice is an option as time has passed, and touchup sessions will allow for necessary color adjustments.
- Color Variation: Pigments used for Ombre Brows may fade or shift in color/tone, due to many factors – such as sun exposure, skin type, the quality of pigments, client health and medications. This can result in an appearance that deviates from the original shade. Most commonly seen, is color appearing ashy or grayish instead of its original “brownish” tone – in most cases this is an easy fix for an experienced artist. Brow toning is normal and should be expected, especially if it’s been 2+ years since the last session.
- May Need to Pencil: Depending on how well the skin holds on to pigment, in addition to the client’s preference, there still may be a need or want to pencil in the brows. Remember, Ombre Brows consists of implanting pigment into the skin, so it can never compare to traditional makeup. Traditional makeup will always appear more pronounced because it is product on top of the skin versus pigment under the skin.
- For clients who want a darker, more defined or pronounced “makeup look”, filing in with pencil and “cutting the brows with concealer” will be necessary for a bolder look. Ombre Brows provides the shape and serves as a great base to enhance as desired.
OMBRE BROWS FAQ's
Check out these frequently asked questions (FAQ) section; I’ve compiled answers to the most common questions. Whether you're still considering getting your brows done or simply want to learn more about this technique, we've got you covered.
Ombre Brows is a variation of Microshading, it involves implanting pigment into the skin’s upper dermal layer; resulting in gradiently soft tiny dot like pixels that give natural-looking brows with subtle definition.
Ombre Brows can last anywhere between 1-3 years, this depends on many factors. Color longevity varies amongst each individual, and healed results vary. Touch-up sessions are recommended to maintain the desired look.
Most individuals experience minimal discomfort during the procedure. Topical numbing creams are applied to the area before and during to minimize any potential discomfort.
Ombre Brows appointment typically last 2 – 2.5 hours, this time includes the completion of paperwork, pre-numbing, brow design, before/after photos, and completion of the procedure.
When performed by a skilled and trained professional, Ombre Brows is safe. It’s important to choose a licensed technician who follows strict hygiene standards to minimize the risk of infection or possible adverse reactions.
Immediately after, the brows will look amazing, the skin may have a little redness or slight swelling; this is normal and fades away with a day or so. The next few days the brows will darken dramatically in appearance. They will then begin to flake as they heal, and over a period of a few weeks, the color will go thru many changes until finally settling at about 4 -6 weeks. It’s important to follow the aftercare instructions provided to ensure optimal healing. Click here to view the brow healing schedule.
Ombre Brows is suitable for all skin types and tones. You must qualify as a candidate It’s not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women, those with certain medical conditions, or those prone to keloid scarring. A thorough consultation will help determine if you’re a suitable candidate. Click here to view a list of conditions which may affect booking eligibility.
Choosing the right artist is crucial. Make sure to look for a technician with proper training, certification, and a portfolio showcasing their work. Read reviews and testimonials to gauge the experiences of former clients. Click here to view my credentials.
Any type of cosmetic tattooing can be challenging to remove completely and is never guaranteed. Techniques such as laser or saline removal may be used, but they might not always yield complete removal. Please seek trained professionals only.
It is important to follow your artists’ “Pre-Care Instructions”. For the most part all technicians follow the basics of avoiding caffeine, alcohol, blood thinning medications, and certain supplements that increase bleeding. It’s also a good idea to come in with clean skin, without any makeup on the brow area.
Proper aftercare is essential for optimal results. It is important to follow your artists’ “Post Care Instructions.” Post-Care Instructions.docx
While Ombre Brows significantly reduces the need for daily brow makeup, some individuals might like a stronger “makeup look”, these clients can opt to use products for additional definition, or to darken the color as desired.
The cost of Ombre Brows varies based on location, the expertise of the artist, and other factors. It’s important to remember that while the upfront cost might be higher, it can save money on brow products and maintenance over time. Click here for our pricing.
After the initial 10-week touchup, maintenance touch-up sessions are recommended every 1.5- 2 years. During these sessions, the technician will refresh the color and make any necessary adjustments.